This website is intended for the whole community and is managed by members of Kirmington and Croxton Parish Council.
We welcome any suggestions and ideas on how it might be improved which can be sent to email@example.com
Kirmington and Croxton Parish Council was formed in the 1950's by the amalgamation of the two Parish Councils. There are two major employers in the parishes, Humberside International Airport Ltd and Singleton Birch Ltd and also a number of smaller businesses.
The village of Kirmington is situated just off the A18 Brigg to Grimsby road and has a population of around 330 and is linked to Croxton via the C137.
The main features in the village are Saint Helen's Church with its Green spire and Golden Cockerel weather vane on top, its chiming clock and well kept grounds; there is a War Memorial within the grounds of the Church, the Kirmington Church of England Primary School
, the Marrowbone and Cleaver (The Chopper) Public House, The166 Squadron RAF Memorial Garden; 166 squadron operated from Royal Air Force Kirmington during world war two; which is now Humberside International Airport.
There is a well kept Playing Field which is the responsibility of the Parish Council, a Bowling Club, a Business Park which was formally a Country Club and a number of farms.
The village of Croxton is situated on the B1211 road and has a population of around 50; Croxton was mentioned in the Doomsday book of 1086.
The main feature of the village is Saint John's Church, of which parts date back to the 13th century, the Singleton and Birch Ltd quarry which is mainly used to extract lime for the steel industry; there are also a number of farms within the Parish.
Street Party for the Queen's 90th Birthday
Visit to Holland